WELCOME TO THE CHICAGO PARENT PROGRAM
The Chicago Parent Program is a 12-session evidence-based parenting program created for parents of young children (2-5 years old) and designed to meet the needs of a culturally and economically diverse audience.
With so many parenting programs in existence, why choose the Chicago Parent Program?
There are five very important qualities we think set this program apart from the others.
- The Chicago Parent Program was developed in collaboration with parents of young children to address those issues of greatest concern to parents.
- The Chicago Parent Program is guided by a strong theory, supported by rigorous research, and listed on the SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices.
- The Chicago Parent Program uses over 160 video scenes of parents raising children in the real world, managing challenging situations at home and in public. We use these scenes to help guide parent group discussions and problem-solve different ways to handle common parenting problems.
- There is no one correct way to raise children. The Chicago Parent Program is structured in a way that is respectful to parents’ ideas and values.
- Since 2002, the Chicago Parent Program has received outstanding evaluations from parents, educators, health care providers, and agency leaders. It is being used in agencies across the country including the Harlem Children’s Zone in New York City, Baltimore City Public Schools, and Head Start.